(Frick, February 11, 2014) FiBL, the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture, once again has a prominent presence at the BIOFACH organic trade fair. We look forward to welcoming you at our stall in Hall 1 (Booth No. 647) to discuss our work with you and give you the opportunity to view our rich documentation.
One focus of our activities over the past year has been the development of SMART, a sustainability assessment tool for food companies and farms. The tool is now market-ready and we look forward to introducing you to its benefits, either at our stall or at the special information event.
We would also like to recommend visiting the Ukraine country stall in Hall 5, Ukraine’s first national presence at the trade fair, which is being supported by FiBL as part of the “Organic Market Development in Ukraine 2012 – 2016” project.
For the fifteenth time in as many years at BIOFACH, FiBL and IFOAM, the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements, will present the “World of Organic Agriculture”, a compendium of statistics on organic farming worldwide that has become a standard reference and now includes facts and figures from as many as 164 countries.
Another new volume for the organic sector is the “Organic Farming in Europe” statistics compendium published by FiBL and the IFOAM EU Group.
We would further like to draw your attention to the Science Day which has been co-organized by FiBL. The Science Day will be held on Friday, February 14 in the Mailand Room. At this event, international experts will discuss the most significant research topics in European and international organic farming.
FiBL contacts during BIOFACH
Contents of the press kit
- Media release on "World of Organic Agriculture"
- Media release on "Organic Farming in Europe"
- Media release on Ukraine’s country stall
- Calendar of BIOFACH events in which FiBL is involved
Information on Events
- "The World of Organic Agriculture", http://www.organic-world.net/
Book vernissage on Wednesday, 12 February at 4pm. Venue: Istanbul Room
- "Organic Farming in Europe", Book presentation on Friday, 14 February at 10am. Venue: Riga Room
- SMART: http://www.fibl.org/en/themes/sustainability-assessment/smart-en.html
Information event on Thursday, 13 February at 10am. Venue: Helsinki Room
- Ukraine country stall (Hall 5, Booth 161): http://www.ukraine.fibl.org/
Simple opening ceremony on Wednesday, 12 February at 11am
Welcome drinks on Wednesday, 12 Feb. at 5pm and Thursday, 13 Feb. at 5pm
- Science Day on Friday, 14 February from 9am to 5pm:
Invitation and registration: http://www.fibl.org/en/service-en/news-archive/news/article/science-day-at-biofach-2014.html
- Programme: http://www.organic-research.net/tipi-scienceday-2014.html