(Frick, 4.2.2016) The FiBL stand in Hall 1 (stand no. 549) at BIOFACH will again be an important meeting point during BIOFACH 2016. We will inform you about our work, richly documented with our well-established and new publications from research and extension in Frick, Frankfurt and Vienna.
Since the UN launched the year of pulses, we will exhibit the recently published dossier "Biosoja aus Europa" with current knowledge of cultivation and the market situation on organic European soy. We will also present our popular and revised brochure "100 Argumente für den Biolandbau", where you will find 100 reasons in favour of organic agriculture.
Latest trends in organic agriculture worldwide
FiBL will again have a prominent presence at the BIOFACH Congress (see programme below). One of the major highlights is the presentation of "The World of Organic Agriculture", the annual yearbook with global statistics that we publish together with IFOAM - Organics International. The 17th edition of the yearbook contains data on organic agriculture from 172 countries.
Science Day and Ukraine
The morning of this year’s Science Day is dedicated to innovation in food production. In the afternoon, challenges and possible solutions for organic research in tropical areas will be discussed. FiBL is in charge of organizing Science Day (Friday, 12 February, Room Oslo) together with TIPI, the Technology Innovation Platform of the worldwide organic umbrella organisation IFOAM - Organics International and the European Technology Platform TP Organics.
We also recommend that you visit Ukraine’s country pavilion in Hall 5 at stand 5-255, where ten Ukrainian Companies exhibit their organic products. FiBL is jointly responsible for the stand coordination in the framework of the SECO-founded project "Organic Market Development in Ukraine 2012 – 2016". On Thursday, 11 February, the forum "Ukraine as reliable organic supplier" will take place in Room München from 2 pm to 4 pm. During this event, representatives of Ukrainian producers, importers, certification bodies and the government will talk about current developments in Ukraine.
- Book presentation "The World of Organic Agriculture" www.organic-world.net
Wednesday, 10 February, 4.30 pm to 5.45 pm, Room Istanbul
- Science Day, Friday, 12 February, 9 am to 5 pm, Room Oslo
- Forum "Ukraine as reliable organic supplier".
- Network meeting of the "Traineeprogramm Ökolandbau" at the FiBL stand
Thursday, 11 February from 6.30 pm, Hall 1 (stand no. 549)
Detailed programme of events with FiBL participation:
Wednesday, 10 February 2016
- 11 am to 11.45 am: The European Market for Organic Food (Hall Shanghai)
- 11 am to 12.30 pm: Organic 3.0 - Turning concept into practice (Hall Kiew)
- 4 pm to 5.45 pm: The World of Organic Agriculture - Statistics and Emerging Trends (Room Istanbul)
- 5 pm to 6 pm: CAP in CEE? Organic Sector Development in Central and Eastern Europe (Room Oslo)
Thursday, 11 February 2016
- 10 am to 11.30 am: Organic Trade with Turkey - Learning form Best Practices to Engage in Successful Business Partnerships (Room Nizza)
- 10 am to 10.45 am: Nachhaltigkeit in der Wertschöpfungskette (Room Athen)
- 11 am to 12.30 pm: Bio 3.0: Mit Bio die Land- und Lebensmittelwirtschaft umbauen (Room St. Petersburg)
- 12 pm to 12.45 pm: Is the new CAP capable of supporting sustainable farming or just continuing business as usual? (Room Oslo)
- 4 pm to 5.30 pm: Knappe Rohstoffversorgung im Spannungsfeld zwischen europäischer Zusammenarbeit und dem Anspruch nach Regionalität (Room Kopenhagen)
- 4 pm to 5.30 pm: Copper reduction: Update and perspectives (Room Prag)
- 4 pm to 5.30 pm: Organic and Regional: Synergy, Cannibalism or cultural difference? (Hall Shanghai)
Friday, 12. February 2016
- 9.30 am to 5 pm: Science Day (Room Oslo) (Registration from 9 am)
- 10 am to 11.30 am: The EU import regulation: the new approach! (Room Prag)
- 1 pm to 1.45 pm: After the Paris Climate Conference COP 21: How will the organic sector contribute to the fight against climate change? (Room Prag)
- 3 pm to 4.30 pm: IFOAM Beekeeping Group (Room Helsinki)
- biofach.de: BIOFACH Website
- biofach.fibl.org: Events with FiBL participation
- ukraine.fibl.org: Ukraine projekt
FiBL contacts during BIOFACH
- Helga Willer, Editor of „The World of Organic Agriculture“, FiBL
- Franziska Hämmerli, Communications FiBL