On the occasion of the UN Year of Natural Fibers 2009 the International Congress on Organic Cotton „From Fashion to Sustainability“ is organized by Helvetas, in collaboration with the international partners Organic Exchange, Institute for Market Ecology IMO, International Trade Centre ITC, Max
Havelaar and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO. FiBL is organising a conference tour.
The congress provides a unique platform to practitioners of the whole textile value chain, offering the opportunity to discuss and learn about innovations, challenges, successful business models and to establish new partnerships in the field of organic and fair trade cotton.
Main agenda points will be:
- More than 30 workshops, key-note presentations and panel discussions,
- A marketplace with up to 50 exhibitors,
- Flash presentations of companies and projects working in the field of organic and fair trade cotton,
- A large fashion show presenting organic cotton collections from African and European designers,
- A selection of different excursions, including a visit to Swiss textile companies and organic farms,
- A gala dinner on Lake Thun.
Contact FiBL: Lukas Kilcher