A workshop of TIPI, the Technology Innovation Platform of the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements, and the 2014 TIPI Member Assembly were held on October 12, 2014, as a preconference of the Organic World Congress of the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (www.owc2014.org). The venue was Yeditepe University in Istanbul.
At the workshop, which was organized by FiBL, farmers from five continents listed their research needs. Council members of TIPI presented the first draft of the TIPI vision and strategy for organic farming research. The second draft will be discussed at Biofach 2015.
At the TIPI Member Assembly a new council was elected. FiBL director Urs Niggli remains TIPI president and Helga Willer of FiBL coordinates the activities.
Pictures from the meeting are available on TIPI's Facebook page, the TIPI vision and strategic research agenda can be downloaded from at the TIPI website.
Helga Willer, FiBL
- organic-research.net: A Global Vision and Strategy for Organic Farming Research, First Draft, October 12, 2014
- facebook.com/fiblnews: TIPI Council elected
- facebook.com/fiblnews: Workshop "Practitioners Research Agenda"
- organic-research.net: Programme of the workshop on October 12, 2014
- organic-research.net: TIPI Member Assembly