From August 25 to 28, 2009, the IFOAM Conference on Organic Animal and Plant Breeding is taking place in Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA).
The International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements IFOAM has prepared a first draft of a position paper on 'Seed Diversity in Organic Agriculture', to be discussed at the conference.
FiBL has prepared a feedback on this first draft, which represents a consensus of FiBL Switzerland, FiBL Germany and FiBL Austria. The statement can be downloaded below.
- Feedback of FiBL to Draft IFOAM Position on Seed Diversity in Organic Agriculture
- IFOAM.org: Seed Diversity in Organic Agriculture: Position paper in development. First draft.
- IFOAM.org: Homepage of the 1st International IFOAM Conference
on Organic Animal and Plant Breeding
- IFOAM.org: Consultation on a first draft Position on Seed: Homepage
- European Consortium for Organic Plant Breeding ECOPB: Homepage
- FiBL.org: FiBL research cluster 'Seed and environment'
- FiBL-Shop: Plant Breeding Techniques. An Evaluation for Organic Plant Breeding. FiBL Dossier, 2001