The workshop is organized by the Round Table on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change (RTOACC) (see www.organicandclimate.org). The Round Table is coordinated by FiBL.
The objectives of this workshop are to exchange in-depth scientific knowledge on improved Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methods, models, and databases focusing on GHG emissions and sequestration potential of organic farming systems and organic food. The goal is for organic sector organisations and operators to use this information for the development of certification of energy and carbon labels and for improvement of the organic sector’s climate impact.
The expected outcomes are:
- A common research agenda agreement will be reached to develop LCA methodology and inventories consistent with organic farming systems.
- Substantial inputs will be achieved for a comprehensive report on LCA method development and databases and for a LCA research agenda to close the current gaps.
Invitees are selected LCA experts (maximum 20) and RTOAC members. The workshop is part of a series of meetings under the new FAO supported initiative Round Table on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change (RTOACC).
The Round Table on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change RTOACC is a multi-stakeholder initiative. Oops, an error occurred! Code: 20200601075131d6e39c9f. The activities are supported by the Food and Agriculture Organisation FAO. The first workshop of the Round Table on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change took place in May 2010 at FiBL in Switzerland.
- Programme of the expert workshop
- FiBL.org: Oops, an error occurred! Code: 2020060107513193584798
- OrganicandClimate.org: Round Table on Organic Agriculture and Climate Change