The bilateral cooperation project on Organic Agriculture, implemented by FiBL in close cooperation with the Turkish Ecological Agricultural Organization (ETO) aims at supporting the development of the organic agriculture sector in Turkey and at promoting the export of organic products into the European market. This includes raising awareness of sustainable quality assurance and capacity building.
- Federal Office for Agriculture and Food (BLE)
- Welcome address by Director-General Clemens Neumann, German Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
- Welcome address by a representative of the Federal Office for Agriculture and Food
- Welcome address by Vildan Karaarslan, Turkish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Presentation on the relevance of organic agriculture in Turkey by Atila Ertem, ETO President
- Presentation on the organic Turkish control system and legal framework by Vildan Karaarslan, Turkish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Presentation on the German-Turkish Cooperation Project Organic Agriculture by Elisabeth Rüegg, Project Coordinator
- Presentation on the relevance of the project for the Izmir Organic Cluster by Ekin Taskin, EIB Project Coordinator (EIB = EGE Ihracatci Birlikleri/Aegean Exporter´s Associations)
The Turkish Cooperation Project Organic Agriculture, running from 01.12.2011- 31.12.2013, is part of the bilateral cooperation Programme of the German Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture Consumer Protection (BMELV, www.bmelv-kooperationsprogramm.de) in cooperation with the Turkish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock. General agent for BMELV’s cooperation programme is GFA Consulting Group GmbH. Implementing project partners are FiBL, FiBL Projekte GmbH, Frankfurt (Germany), FiBL Switzerland and Ekolojik Tarım Organizasyonu Derneği, Izmir (Turkey).