The founding members are as follows:
- FiBL Switzerland
- FiBL Germany
- FiBL Austria
- Institut fir biologesch Landwirtschaft an Agrarkultur (IBLA Luxemburg)
- Bioinstitut, Czech Republic
- Institute for Sustainable Development, Slovenia
- Martin Ott
FiBL International is a registered association under German law with its seat in Frankfurt.
FiB International has a Members’ Meeting (currently with seven members), a Council (Urs Niggli, President, Robert Hermanowski, Vice President, and Andreas Kranzler, Member), and a permanent Advisory Council.
The objectives of FiBL International are:
- to officialize and structure the cooperation between the concerned groups
- to regulate the rights and duties of using the FiBL name
- to secure the long-term strategic direction and content focus of the cooperation