(Frick, 6 February 2017) The FiBL stand in Hall 1 (stand no. 555) will again be an important meeting point during BIOFACH 2017. We will inform you about our work with our well-established and new publications from research and extension activities from our institutes in Frick, Frankfurt and Vienna.
Latest trends in organic agriculture worldwide
FiBL will again have a prominent presence at the BIOFACH Congress (see programme below). One of the major highlights is the presentation of "The World of Organic Agriculture", the yearbook with global statistics that we publish together with the organic umbrella organization IFOAM - Organics International. The 18th edition of the yearbook contains data on organic agriculture from 179 countries.
During this year’s Science Day, the activities of the technology platform "TP Organics" over the last 10 years will be summarized with a review of previous results. The morning part is dedicated to develop a new long-term strategy based on this summary. In the afternoon, research gaps in the field of organic food and farming systems will be assessed in the workshop "100 questions to be addressed by novel organic food and farming systems", which is organized by TIPI, the Technology Innovation Platform of IFOAM – Organics International.
- Book presentation "The World of Organic Agriculture"
Wednesday, 15 February, 4 pm to 4.45 pm in Hall Shanghai
- Science Day, Friday, 17 February, 10 am to 5 pm in Room Oslo
Detailed programme of events with FiBL participation:
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
- 12 pm to 12.45 pm: Practical research for climate protection in organic agriculture (Room Oslo)
- 4 pm to 4.45 pm: The World of Organic Agriculture at BIOFACH 2017 (Hall Shanghai)
- 4 pm to 5.30 pm: Sourcing from Central and Eastern Europe - risks and benefits (Room Budapest)
- 4 pm to 5.30 pm: How can organic farming improve its environmental performance and its contribution to climate change mitigation? (Room Oslo)
- 5 pm to 5.45 pm: The European market for organic food at BIOFACH 2017 (Room Kopenhagen)
Thursday, 16 February 2017
- 9.30 am to 12.30 pm: China Day 2017 (Room Venedig)
- 10 am to 11.30 am: Global Organic Market Overview - facts, trends and opportunities (Room Istanbul)
- 11 am to 12 pm: Recent updates in Organic Scientific Research (Room Prag)
- 11 am to 12.30 pm: Nachhaltigkeit messen, bewerten und kommunizieren: Treffpunkt an den Stationen der Möglichkeiten (Room Oslo)
- 12 pm to 1 pm: New Rules of Play: How to Access the EU Organic Market (Room Kiew)
- 12 pm to 1 pm: New plant breeding techniques - opportunity amid disruption? (Hall Shanghai)
- 2 pm to 3.30 pm: Wer definiert den Ökolandbau: Bauern oder Staat? (Room Oslo)
- 3 pm to 3.45 pm: Using action plans to develop organics in Europe (Room Budapest)
- 4 pm to 5.30 pm: Wo bleibt die Zucht für Bio? (Room Istanbul)
Friday, 17 February 2017
- 10 am to 5 pm: Science Day (Room Oslo)
- 11 am to 11.45 am: Nachhaltigkeitsbewertung landwirtschaftlicher Wertschöpfungsketten - Unternehmen und Verbände berichten aus der Praxis (Room Prag)
FiBL contacts during BIOFACH
- Helga Willer, Editor of "The World of Organic Agriculture", FiBL
- Franziska Hämmerli, Communications FiBL
Click on the pictures to download them.