Developing a program with farmers and researchers together has been the key to the success of the project, which seeks to combine industrial management with organic farming. FiBL, through various sustainable cropping methods, is demonstrating how to create added value in developing nations.
In an interview for the Expo2015 magazine, Gian Nicolay of FiBL answers five questions related to innovative approaches in the Syprobio project in West Africa (www.syprobio.net). Visitors will be made aware of this FiBL project, thanks to the photo story displayed in Pavilion Zero of t he Expo 2015.
Expo Milano 2015 is the universal exhibition that Milan, Italy, will host from May 1 to October 31, 2015. Over this six-month period, Milan will become a global showcase where more than 140 participating countries will present the best of their technologies that offer answers to questions related to healthy, safe and sufficient food.
- magazine.expo2015.org: Five questions for FiBL. Three countries of West Africa innovate agriculture
- magazine.expo2015.org: West Africa launches organic cotton production
- fibl.org: Syprobio project: Tested innovations already being disseminated in West Africa
- expo2015.org: English Expo 2015 website
- magazine.expo2015.org: Best practices
- fibl.org: Den Planeten ernähren – aber wie?