Drawing from the motto 'From its Roots, Organic Inspires Life' the next Organic World Congress in 2020 (OWC 2020) aims to provide organic and likeminded stakeholders working toward sustainable agriculture, value chains and consumption with an opportunity to exchange their knowledge, innovations and experiences. The congress offers momentum and inspiration to all who take part and is seen as a leading event for the global organic sector.
Plenary sessions of the Organic World Congress (OWC) 2020 will be accompanied by six individual conference forums.
- Leadership Forum: Discuss and shape the future of the organic movement
- Farmers’ and Advisors’ Forum: Share knowledge and initiatives
- Science Forum: Present research on the organic sector
- Supply and Value Chain Forum: Share inspiring experiences and address work-related concerns
- Culture and Education Forum: Discuss the philosophical foundation and knowledge management of the organic movement
- Stakeholder Forum: Promote a multi-actor approach for organic food systems
Each forum has its own objectives and criteria. All forums will run from 23 - 25 September, 2020.
To contribute in one or more of the above-mentioned forums, participants will need to submit online a contribution via the dedicated platforms provided for each forum. The application period for the submissions of contributions will run from 15 April to 30 September 2019.
There is also the option to host a Workshop (90 min. slot during the conference - with a fee for organisers) or a Pre-Conference (1 or 2 days before the main conference). Congress organizers will select the most promising proposals that best fit with the congress objectives.
The Organic World Congress (OWC) 2020 is organized by the OWC Rennes 2020 Consortium, in partnership with IFOAM – Organics International. It is managed by a 4-person steering committee. FiBL staff member Felix Heckendorn is active in the Science Board of the congress.