The 17th edition of "The World of Organic Agriculture", published by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL) and IFOAM – Organics International, provides a comprehensive review of recent developments in global organic agriculture. It includes contributions from representatives of the organic sector from throughout the world and provides comprehensive organic farming statistics that cover area under organic management, specific information about land use in organic systems, numbers of farms and other operator types as well as selected market data
The book also contains information on the global market for organic food, information on standards and regulations, organic policy, as well as insights into current and emerging trends in organic agriculture in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America and Oceania. In addition, the volume contains reports about the organic sector in Australia, Canada, the Pacific Islands, Thailand, and the United States of America, as well as brief updates for various countries in Asia as well as Latin America and the Caribbean.
New additions to this edition are an article on organic cotton from the Textile Exchange and a chapter reviewing eight key commodities certified by selected Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS).
- Julia Lernoud
- Helga Willer
- shop.fibl.org: The World of Organic Agriculture - Statistics and Emerging Trends 2016
- fibl.org: Growth continues: 43.7 million hectares of organic agricultural land worldwide. FiBL media release of February 10, 2016
- organic-world.net: Information on "The World of Organic Agriculture 2016"
- biofach.fibl.org: FiBL auf der BIOFACH 2016
- facebook.com: International media response to the 2016 edition of "The World of Organic Agriculture"