CORE Organic will be ready to launch a joint call for research proposals in December 2013. The call budget is more than 11 million euros including the European Union contribution of 3 million euros for research and administration. The provisional call text and indicative call budget by country are ready now and are published in the pre-announcement together with the call schedule and the list of national contact points. The guideline for applicants with national rules and priorities, the new CORE Organic website and the call submission site will be ready in December. Please register for news at www.coreorganic2.org.
A brokerage event is arranged 18 December in Brussels to give potential applicants a chance to meet and discuss ideas. TP Organics is organising the event for CORE Organic. The agenda with registration form is available below.
The four thematic research areas of the call are:
- Crop: Plant/Soil interaction in organic crop production
- Functional biodiversity to improve management of diseases, weeds and pests
- Livestock health management system including breeding
- Ensuring quality and safety of organic food along the processing chain
The CORE Organic consortium hopes to receive applications from a wide representation within the science and innovation environments, including from environments which have not previously received funds from CORE Organic.
- FiBL contact: Thomas Alföldi
- Ulla Sonne Bertelsen, Core Organic coordination, Tel.: +45 87157716, Ulla.Bertelsen(at)icrofs.org