The guides can be used for practically training farmers and advisors as well as for teaching students in animal and veterinary science. The manuals are available as a free download. A print version of the Serbian edition is in preparation.
The handbooks summarize the expertise of farmers, advisors, scientists and technical literature on maintaining pig health. With the help of simple checklists, the manuals outline important preventive measures related to housing, feeding and management, and provide essential recommendations for treatment. The handbooks further address issues such as fertility, diarrhea, respiratory illnesses, injuries and other problems.
The manuals were realised with the assistance of the Austrian University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences BOKU, the University of Prishtina and FiBL within the HERAS project funded by the Austrian Development Agency ADA. The University of Tirana further supported the Albanian version while Donau Soja and the OK-Net EcoFeed project funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 Framework Program for Research and Innovation supported the Serbian version.
Up to know the handbook has been published in English, German, French, Italian, Dutch and Czech.
- shop.fibl.org: Manual "Përmirësimi i shëndetit dhe mirëqënies së derrave"
- shop.fibl.org: Priručnik "Poboljšanje zdravlja i dobrobiti svinja
- shop.fibl.org: Handbook "Improving health and welfare of pigs"
- organic-farmknowledge.org: Homepage
- Organic-Farmknowledge.org: Improving health and welfare of pigs - A handbook for organic pig farmers
- youtube.com: New handbook by ProPig (CORE Organic): Improving health and welfare of pigs (Aug 2015)